Casa Castagno is very well appointed with all the facilities you could want and expect for a wonderful holiday:
- Wireless ADSL Internet. English television is available through the Internet providing you have your own device.
- Tastefully decorated open plan lounge with terracotta floor, chestnut beamed ceiling, new pellet stove and access to pool and terrace. The lounge has three large comfortable sofas. There is non-satellite TV with a DVD player and a good selection of DVDs.
- The newly created kitchen, with Carrara marble worktops, is extremely well equipped with a dishwasher, fridge/freezer, espresso maker, microwave, electric oven, 5 ring gas hob, kettle, toaster, food mixer, iron, ironing board, washing machine and has ample crockery and cooking utensils. From here there is a wooden chestnut staircase leading to a mezzanine floor with office area and door leading to the second bedroom, which is furnished with two single beds, chest of drawers and bedside table.
- On the ground floor there is a master bedroom with King Size bed, chest of drawers, wardrobe, bed-side tables and hairdryer.
- Both the bedrooms and bathroom windows are fitted with insect nets.
- Recently updated luxury bathroom, with large walk-in shower, toilet, sink and bidet.
- I am afraid we cannot permit smoking within the Barn.
- We are dog-friendly – we can welcome up to one well-behaved dog per week and can also offer a dog sitting service if required (see the tariff page for more information).
- The Barn is not ideally suited to children because of its open plan aspect.
- Outside by the south facing private pool (5 x 10m/16 x 32ft, depth 1.20-2.20m/4-6ft and a ladder for entry/exit) there is a covered pergola with table and chairs and gas BBQ where you can dine accompanied by the gentle and relaxing sound of running water provided by a decorative stone water feature. The entrance to the Barn is via a pretty stone loggia which also offers shade and looks out over the lawn and pine forest below.
- The garden is well maintained and is enclosed by a criss cross chestnut fence. There is a herb garden for your use and paths have been cut through the wild meadow and woods for your enjoyment. A wooden gazebo is positioned at the top of the meadow where you can soak up the magical views as your eyes are drawn deep into the Tiber valley and the dusky blue distant hills of Umbria. Here you can watch a magnificent sunrise, the changing colours and the typical Tuscan pink hue which briefly transforms the landscape. A wall of lavender bushes provides a haven for an abundant variety of butterflies. The peace and quiet is only interrupted by birdsong, the call of the cuckoo, and the occasional drilling of our resident woodpecker.
Casa Castagno | A Chestnut Barn in Tuscany